Friday 16 September 2016

While we're on the subject of offsets

Time for a quick echeveria 'Compton Carousel' update. After the last post on the tricks I use, which can be found here, they have had the summer to grow and have filled the pots nicely.


In the main pot I did consider cutting off the two largest offsets, but decided on leaving them for this year. Amazingly that little pure white offset is still going strong, it must be feeding off the other plants.

In the middle size pot the offsets have filled out the middle nicely.


As the four large plants in this pot have good root systems already I cut two off to give the offsets more space.


These have been given to friends, who seemed quite pleased by their deliveries.

The pot is a bit lopsided, but they don't do as well cut off from the mother plants as most succulents, so I tend not to cut them off until I have something to do with them.


Lots of small offsets now have space to grow out and fill the space. No doubt the last two larger plants will go a some point.

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness someone else in the UK who likes spiky plants. Look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy one offset. I would like to have one bery badly

    ReplyDelete