Monday 11 March 2013

Doesn't time fly

Agave "Snow Glow"
Where did it all go, it seemed like only yesterday I thought I would take a week off and now it is March!  I wish I could say that I have have been so busy with the garden that I haven't had time to post, but I simply lost interest in the garden and the internet.  Reduced interest in plants over the winter is fairly normal, but this is the first time for total dis-interest and to not even want to turn on a computer either.

Agave "Sun Glow"
With signs of spring over the last few weeks, hibernation is finally ending; the computer is back on and plants are being moved into new parts of the house to wake them up.  I'll have to catch up on how the plants have done, a trip to the UK's only desert and a few other things over the next week.

In the mean time here are a couple of plants and one set that I have been watching grow: the agave "blue glow" group, the normal form, the white leaf variegate "snow glow" and the yellow leaf variegate "sun glow".  I have to say for me, like the weather at the moment is is all snow. You can see the difference in growth for my two plant, given that they were the same size when they arrived.

Right lots of catching up to do. Hopefully that is it for my hibernation this winter.



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back - I missed you too! And I totally get where you're coming from - winter has the same effect on me, and that's one of the many things I like about succulents, that they can take the winter separation from my [lack of] TLC. Always enjoy your posts!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point, It is nice to know that even with no care for 4 months they are all fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought perhaps you were hard at work on your new house/garden.

    My 'Sun Glow' has hardly grown at all and I've had it for years now. I'm going to try it in the ground--maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had been, although we do now have one room finished (into which some plants may have been moved)

      I wonder if that variegation is weaker and more prone to slow growth.

      Delete